Monday, January 14, 2019

Entrepreneurship Story - Milk and Honey


Image result for milk and honey frozen yogurt

I come from a small, rural town in Florida. In my hometown if you’re a teenager looking for something to do you either go swimming or to Walmart. The people of my town were in need of a hangout spot. That’s when my favorite place opened. It was a frozen yogurt shop called Milk and Honey that opened in an old blockbusters building. It was religiously themed and had a mascot that was a cow’s head attached to a bee’s body. It was an immediate hotspot. Every teenaged posse, tee ball team, and middle aged date night couple were there eating delicious frozen yogurt. I frequented Milk and Honey at least twice a week. For a while they seemed to be doing really well. They opened a coffee bar, upgraded all of their tables, and started hosting children’s parties. However it was all too good to be true, the newness of this splendid venue wore off, people stopped coming as much, and only two short years after they opened, they closed their doors forever. A Christian frozen yogurt shop was definitely a bold choice and in the end I guess they just couldn’t survive. Although they weren’t successful in the end, they certainly filled a need that I had as a consumer and because of that I would label Milk and Honey a quality entrepreneurial business.

2 comments:

  1. Emma, thank you for sharing your entrepreneurship story. I learned a lot from your post, with the biggest lesson being that not all entrepreneurial ventures are successful. The Milk and Honey shop certainly filled a need. However, I am left wondering what other entrepreneurial solutions the store needed in order to remain open. This makes think about whether needs change over time, or whether there was some sort of flaw in the owner’s entrepreneurial plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emma I really liked your story. I think that is cool how all the kids your age posted up and hung out in that place. That kind of reminds me of tv shows these days. I feel like there is always some sort of restaurant or coffee shop where the friend group hangs out at all the time. It is like in Friends or How I met Your Mother. The only thing I was confused about in your post was in the beginning when you mentioned Walmart. Do kids actually hang out in Walmart?

    ReplyDelete