Friday, February 22, 2019

14A

To keep up with the requirements of this course I have made sure to turn in all the assignments on time. The biggest hurdle I have had with this is that there are like four steps to turning an assignment for this class. On two separate occasions I have done the whole assignment for this class and then forgotten to complete turning it in. Since this has cost me a lot of points already I now have an alarm set on Fridays that reminds me to double check that I have submitted the assignments correctly.

I recently had a moment where I realized that I had failed my financial accounting exam. This was pretty upsetting because I had studied a ton for it. I felt like I really understood the material and I even felt good about the exam after taking it. so when the scores were released I was very surprised. I was upset for a few days but after reading the next chapter in the financial accounting book I was reminded that I really do enjoy the material and I am now more determined than ever to pass the next exam.

I would offer these three tips to any student who is struggling and needs to improve their tenacity:

Never give up.
Believe in who you are.
Find solutions that work for you.

Image result for tenacity comic

3 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, thank you for your post. I have personally experienced some of the difficulties that you wrote about in your post. I have simply forgotten to submit assignments and need to get better at planning out my time. In the end, this will help me as I feel that it is a skill that many entrepreneurs need to be successful. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halfway through the semester and I feel like your second paragraph describes how I am in half my classes. Though it's always good to stick by your passions! That really sucks about forgetting to turn in the assignments. I thankfully haven't done that yet but I live in fear that I might. Those are some pretty solid tips for tenacity and I am truly inspired by them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma it's amazing because I'm going through that same situation with a Business Stats class. Your advice is so good. This class can definitely be frustrating at times with the hoops we have to jump through, and I also have wasted some time doing some assignments I haven't gotten credit for. This class has definitely been the most frustrating from a process standpoint. Way to be tenacious!

    ReplyDelete