Friday, April 12, 2019

27A


Elon Musk is a very unique individual. There are many people who hate him and many others that think he is a visionary. I was most surprised to learn that other members of his family were also very remarkable people. His mother was a supermodel who has been on the cover of vogue. His father was a pilot and flew Elon and his family around South Africa. An adventurous spirit certainly runs in the family. I most admire Musk’s ability to envision a sustainable future. He has a crazy idea, and then he just makes it happen. He won’t take no for an answer. I least admire Musk’s lack of empathy. He has been known to scream at and degrade his employees. Elon encountered adversity when he went on his honeymoon and a coupe unseated him as the CEO of Zip2. Even after this disappointment he continued to support the company.

Elon has many competencies. To start with, he is a genius. This never hurts when trying to come up with new business ideas. He is good at coding also. What makes him a good businessman is that he envisions the future and then makes his idea a reality and won’t take no for an answer. This is how he has founded all of his companies and it is what makes him an innovator. If I could ask Musk two questions they would be what do you attribute your success to and when did you decide you were going to change the world. he said he has been planning all of this for quite a while. Elon spends an incredible amount of time working. His employees have said that he never thinks any task will take longer to complete than an hour. Based on this information I would guess that Elon Musk believes in hard work.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Emma,

    I love that you wrote about Elon Musk I think he is an extremely interesting person in not only the world of science and engineering but also business! I admire his tenacity in all aspects of life and as you said up in your post he never takes no for an answer. He is someone we should all look up it, he is the definition of leading by example and showing us what is truly possible in this world. Thanks for the insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emma,
    While being a genius is a great competency to have, I believe the access to funds he has also can't be ignored. Lack of empathy is a characteristic of psychopaths, and most CEOs display psychopathic tendencies. I have nothing against Elon Musk though I think it's quite funny when our professor picks on him during class. Maybe I'll take the time and read up on him eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma,

    I like that you wrote about Elon Musk for your reading reflection because Elon Musk is someone that I admire much. I think that Elon Musk really embodies what it takes to be an entrepreneur because he has a unique ability to create quality products out of thin air. I agree that his vision of a sustainable future is something to admire, which is why he is one of my favorite entrepreneurs.

    ReplyDelete