Friday, March 1, 2019

16A


Compassionate: I am a person who cares a lot about what’s happening around me. I really feel for other people when they are having a hard time.

Animal lover: Animals are my favorite. I love all kinds of them, even insects. I find them fascinating and I would love to work with them in the future.

Chill: I am very chill. I almost never get mad and when I do, I am very quick to forgive. I am not easily offended. I don’t dwell on things and I avoid drama at all costs.

Goal Oriented: When I start a project I am always devoted to it 100%.  I craft a lot and on more than one occasion I have spent an entire day crocheting or quilting without even remembering to eat. I get really obsessed with whatever project I am trying to complete and I can’t even think about anything else till it’s done.

Pragmatic: I really believe in logic and science. I think that I see a lot of things realistically and I am not really interested in hypotheticals or letting emotions dictate my actions.


Interviews: I didn’t know how to use soundcloud so instead I used speech to text software to record my interviews and then edited them for errors.

Mom:
What are some of my defining characteristics?
Well you’re very caring. You’re really good with children. The kids at the farm really love you. These days you’re very helpful around the house. You really love animals. I think that you’re also very sensitive to the needs of others. Umm. Yeah.
In your opinion do I have any special knowledge or skills that will help me succeed in the workforce?
Well you have a black belt in taekwondo. I’m not sure if that will help you in the workforce but it’s certainly a skill. Since you grew up on a farm you have a lot of experience working with animals. you have experience running a Blackberry u-pick. And you have experience working in a marine lab.

I didn’t think about being good with children. I think that definitely applies to me though.

Dad:
What are some of my defining characteristics?
Well you’re very smart. You always do really well in school, better than I ever did. And I feel like you’re always involved in something. Like now you started salsa dancing and you went from 0 to 100 with that in about a month. I think you’re very private though. I wish you’d be a little more open about what’s going on with you. I think that you have a hot temper just like me. I see it when you’re fighting with your brother.
I do not. I’m very civil with him these days.
Uh huh.
I am!
Uh huh.
Well anyway, do you think I have any special skills worth noting?
Well yeah. You’re pretty athletic. Do you dance and you do taekwondo and that requires a lot of coordination. You’re good at planning trips too. I am very excited to go to Chicago here in a few days. And I never would’ve went if you hadn’t planned it.
Well we haven’t gone yet it could be a disaster.
I doubt it.
We’ll see.

He thinks I have a temper which I still think I really don’t. I mean siblings fight all the time and my brother and I have really toned it down in the last few years anyway.

Kalliope: BFF
What would you say are my defining characteristics?
Well you’re a cool dude and good friend. You’re a good listener. Whenever I need help with something you always got me. You have super cool hair. Even if you look like a dude.
Do I have any special skills you wanna mention ?
Well you’re good at taekwondo even though you kick too hard. And you’re good at salsa. And you always did really well in high school so I guess you’re studious?
I’m not sure that’s true anymore.
You are college is just harder.

Kalliope and I met doing taekwondo together and she has always thought I kicked too hard but I think that I kick effectively. And I’m not sure that cool dude is a characteristic but I’ll take it.

Katie: roommate
In your opinion what are my defining characteristics?
Well you’re a good friend. You always make me go do stuff even if I don’t want to. But it’s good for me because I get out of the house. You love animals especially your dog. And you’re good at math.
Do I have any special skills that you wanna mention?
Well you’re really good at catching ducks. And identifying plants. And you salsa that’s a skill.
Do I have any business skills?
Umm well you’re good at talking to people. That’s good for business.
Yeah I guess so. Thanks.

I’m happy that Katie appreciates that I make her go do things. I’m also happy that she acknowledges my plant identification skills.

Omi: grandma
What are some of my defining characteristics?
Well you’re a scholar. And you’re good at planning. We never would’ve been able to do that trip this summer if you had orchestrated it. And you love dogs. You’re so good to your dog. That reflects very well on you too.
Well thank you Omi. Do I have any special skills that you want to mention?
Well you’re very skilled Emmylou. You’re very musically talented. And you’re athletic. And you’re a liberal!
I’m not sure that’s what they are looking for in this interview.
Well it’s true.
You’re right.

I love my grandma so much and it was sweet of her to mention my music background which I hadn’t even thought about. I played the oboe for seven years.

Summary: I think that I am more critical of myself than my friends and family are. However hey did bring up some good things I hadn’t thought about that are parts of my personality. I might change one of my defining traits to music lover because I do spend a lot of time playing and listening to music.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma, thank you for your post. I think that it is interesting that you and your family both were able to identify that you had a passion for animals. Since your product is based on animals it seems to be a perfect fit. The ability to know your strengths, such as a passion for animals, means you will be able to create a more effective product. Like you said, it is also important to listen to others because sometimes they see strengths in us that we are not able to.

    ReplyDelete