Friday, March 29, 2019

22A


I received some good feedback from the last version of the elevator pitch. One was that eliminating my dog from the video was a good decision. He was definitely distracting me. Also making the app very user friendly was suggested. My biggest self criticism is that I really need to improve the delivery of the speech. 

For this version of my elevator pitch I really focused on trying to rehearse my pitch. I tried to make it sound more natural on the last version but I think that led to me having a hard time remembering the next thing I was supposed to say. This time I think the delivery is better. This assignment has helped make me aware that giving a pitch or speech is definitely a skill that needs practice.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Emma, this was your best elevator pitch yet and the one that has moved me most. This exercise is great for practicing public speech (even though only in front of the camera) and projecting your voice both loudly and eloquently. Your improved delivery shows the exercise truly helps with these things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Emma, it's good that you recieved helpful feedback. "You might never see your dog again" is the quote of the year. Scare tactics are definitely effective incentivizers. I've only seen one other of your pitches and I agree that the delivery is better :) I think everyone has improved quite a bit as these assignments have gone by, myself included. Great job on the pitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emma,

    I think that this is definitely your best pitch so far. I think that an elevator pitch is something that is always awkward for people at first. Practice is the only thing that can make elevator pitches better and I think that that is clear in your delivery. I too found myself getting more and more confident each time I gave my pitch, which is great because elevator pitches are an important tool for entrepreneurs to sell their product.

    ReplyDelete