Friday, March 22, 2019

19A


I’m Emmylou. I am a sophomore at UF. I love animals and I am good at working with them. I am also good at telling people unpleasant things in a way that doesn’t sound so bad. I have a lot of experience living and working with animals. I aspire to live an interesting and adventurous life filled with cool people and animals.

I am offering customers a way to locate other dog owners in their area to meet up for playdates. I might also offer a dog park function where people can post if they are going to the dog park.

I am offering it to any person with a lonely or bored dog who would like to meet some other dog owners in their community.

They care about my service because they care about their dog. My app could help improve their dog’s wellbeing and so they would be interested in it.

My core competencies include an extensive knowledge of animal care as well as my drive to improve the lives of animals. I am also Microsoft office certified.

I think that 2, 3, and 4 fit together very well. They all address the product/service offered. 1 and 5 also fit together. I think that is mostly because they are almost the same question. I still don’t really believe that I have some skill or quality that nobody else has. That’s unrealistic in my opinion.

Most of the feedback that I got on the first version of this assignment was very positive. They thought that people would likely be interested in my app. One person was concerned that I would need to get a lot of people to use the app immediately or it would fail. This is a very valid concern and I’m happy that they brought it to my attention.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe focusing heavily on advertisement when your product comes out will help with the issue brought up on your last "idea napkin. It's a great product because you really found something with a very present and ready market. It's also good that you yourself have worked with animals- gives you more credibility. I see that you are certified in Microsoft office but how proficient are you with Excel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emma, thank you for your post. I think that it is good that you considered the feedback from your original post. While it is good to get positive feedback, but I think it is especially important to get critical feedback. The fact that you were able to take critical feedback and turn it into something positive means that you are in a better position to make your product into the best it can be.

    ReplyDelete